Monday, December 31, 2007

Favorite Music from 2007

This '07 list is late by internet standards. It has given me some time to consider some late arrivals to my collection that might squeek into the top ten. My tastes are eclectic by some standards, but I think there is something here for everyone. One of the tragic things about this list is that it is largely artists known to me making music that is slightly less good than their previous shit. Tragic my be a bit strong. Moving on...

1. Menomena-Friend and Foe I am just cool enough to get this. Barely.
2. Arcade Fire-Neon Bible It is not Funeral, but what is.
3. Spoon-Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Fun, fun, fun record. I stopped at three.
4. Common-Finding Forever Kanye's beats best with dose of Common Sense.
5. The National-Boxer Add Springsteen and Waits with used sweater rock.
6. DJ Spooky-Creation Rebel Interesting listen. Trojan gets Spooked.
7. Beastie Boys-The Mix Up Boys make it funky.
8. Pharoah Monch-Desire Welcome return from indie gansta rapper.
9. Lee Perry and the Upsetter-Ape-ology Killer double reissue from a legend.
10.Radiohead-In Rainbows Thanks to Radiohead for changing the game.

I know I am getting older when one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite albums kind of sounds like Billy Joel. Fuck. Spoon's video for Underdog is nice though.

1 comment:

King Roomie Rock said...

No one thinks Spoon is cooler than they think they are...was that done all in one take? I just don't know...

Great song, though...