Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Believe the Hype

I have been feeling newsy lately.

Pitchfork Music Festival is making waves. They have announced their lineup for this summers festival: Animal Collective (right); Vampire Weekend (okay); Public Enemy (what?).

PE in the house? Some say that the game has passed them by, like I imagine half of the waifish hipsters who will be in the crowd come July. Take a listen and judge for yourself. It certainly ain't Kanye or Clipse.



I suspect this won't phase Flav and Chuck. They will rip into the steamy Chicago air by playing their entire earth shattering album, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back. Check this killer article on the group's legacy.

My guess is Geraldine Ferraro and Karl Rove will be sitting this one out. But what I want to know is...will APT be in the house?

2 comments:

King Roomie Rock said...

APT could sponsor a joint field trip with Pagin' the Devil Twice for this?!?!?!?

Dizzie Rascal is on the bill as well...uber-dope.

Anonymous said...

If APT runs a field trip, I'm totally in. That weekend falls perfectly between my Allagash trip and Alaska. Summer break kicks ASS! Keep me posted. W2 you sign up, I sign up.