Friday, January 29, 2010

The Roomie Ride, A tribute...On the decks, B Jennings, Usher, bourguignon, White Light Mixes

This is a big post for me today...see below...

...the ride is no more...

Here are few pics I snapped before I said bye...


Battle scar from earlier this fall...

This one helped me through the after...big ups and thanks...

This ride is one of the best I have ever owned. Dozens of snowstorms, lots of windshield time, Brooklyn, Celtics games, the White Mountains, Acadia, Belfast, Merrimack in the ice...just rolled out to the midwest and back in this as well as a final Celtics game last week...a tank...

When I moved to Maine I refused to tow it behind the moving truck...I just didn't want it to fall off...special thanks to Dunny and E for bring the LW200 Maineside...I didn't know how much I cared about this car until today...always and forever...

In other news...
On the decks...right now @ APT...live...

This guy is so rocking the New Edition fade...

..."Little Freak" [ft. Nicki Minaj]...livin for the city...

I have been addicted to this blog for the last few weeks....piles of free mixes...

...The White Light mixes are, ultimately, about two things: music and space. Music first and foremost, as this series is a showcase of great songs, not tracks - songs and mixes you want to listen over and over again, songs that have depth and staying power, and most importantly songs that mean something to each other.

Secondly, White Light is about space - giving the music room to breathe - not a post-a.d.d. mix of everything trendy that can fit onto a mixtape, but one that's paced to give each tune its shine, where the music is the focus and the mixing is an effortless complement. Over time I'm sure the criteria will change here and there, but White Light will always be about night driving, introspection and taking the time to listen from start to finish - remember to always look into the light . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing post buddy. You are on a roll. Divine inspiration no doubt. Just back from the Crossroads?

I caught this on a still unrevealed geek site and thought you might dig it.

Hint...."GOOD NOGHT FUTURE BOY!"

I know it is not like you to roll in anything even moderately fashionable but it is nice. Go geek or go home!

http://store.glennz.com/stuckinpast.html