Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kamaal the Abstract

Everyone knows Q-Tip, and right now the buzz in my hood is his newest album, "The Renaissance." Check it if you haven't already. It's dope. But in geeking out on the Interwebs I recently discovered a lost gem of the Q-Tip variety, an unreleased album from 2002 that just never measured up to the record industries expectations. Word is that Tip's been trying to get it out ever since, but nobody's biting. In the meantime, we must spread the music for him. Or at least that's how I'm justifying it. No use in letting such good music stagnate. Click here for the freebee download. You be the judge.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Duke's Lounge said...

good lookin' out, ras. I heard some tracks and it's definitely more of a rock vibe.

Anonymous said...

The Duke seal of approval. Not easy to come by. Good diggin Dr. D.

I heard about this one and look forward to giving it a listen. Anyone familiar with that Roots albumn, Phrenology? Is it like that. Or Mos Def's Black Jack Johnson shit?

Pray for snow. Looks like spring outside my window. Dam.

Duke's Lounge said...

ras - there are only 9 of the 16 tracks for this download???

ps - Renaissance definitely gets my seal

Dr. D said...

Duke and all others interested in the download... I just updated the link. This one's legit.

Enjoy!