Monday, July 20, 2009

Diabolo


Think devil sticks and hacky sacks, with a little less hippy, or a little more geek. The Diabolo is now my new favorite pasttime... to watch. I suck at it, but on a recent canoeing adventure with a group of 14-year-olds, I saw this instrument of leisure fully come to life. Want to earn street cred with some middle schoolers? Master the Inverted Spider-Web McTwistical. Or something like that. Seriously. It's amazing. And with no job, tons of free time, and the focus and attention span of a praying lion, you too can master the Diabolo.

Check this video for all the proper moves:



Now I know what some of my former English students were doing when they weren't doing their homework... Everything else just seems so lame.

W2. Guess what Evan and Ian are getting for Christmas this year?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people were just born to ah....diablo.

King Roomie Rock said...

Love it...the big boys yoyo, which is also just as dope. Huge in France...

Duke's Lounge said...

hula hooping is also having a resurgence... none of that hippy ish for me tho