Monday, July 6, 2009

I Love Sarah

I have a slight obsession. Her name is Sarah Palin. Everything about her fascinates me. She is brash and obviously unknowledgeable about national issues, yet she speaks her opinions with a confidence that would shake Kobe Bryant. When she speaks, she gets the far right frothing at the mouth. And damn it, she is deliciously hot. When the campaign was over, everyone was hoping she would fade into the background. Conservatives wanted it so she would do her job and brush up on national issues for a 2012 run. Liberals wanted it so they wouldn't have to listen to her archaic ideas. Not me, man. I love to hear her talk. It brings up an anger that I have come to feed on like a drug. Every illogical statement that sends my head spinning just craves a bigger one after the high is gone.

This last month for me has been the equivilant of an Artie Lange heroin binge. First, there was the Letterman fiasco. Then there was the article in Vanity Fair. Right after that, e-mails were released between her and Steve Schmidt, McCain's campaign advisor, about her husband's affiliation with a secessionist party. Then, on the eve of our country's birthday, it became MY birthday as Sarah came out in front of the nation and resigned as Governor of Alaska. Why was she? For all the reasons that any crazy person would quit their voter appointed job. In her long speech she seemed to give many reasons without giving any that made sense. My favorite one is as follows:

"And so as I thought about this announcement that I wouldn't run for re-election and what it means for Alaska, I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks... travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade - as so many politicians do. And then I thought - that's what's wrong - many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and "milk it". I'm not putting Alaska through that - I promised efficiencies and effectiveness! ? That's not how I am wired. I am not wired to operate under the same old "politics as usual." I promised that four years ago - and I meant it."

What? You think that too many lame duck politicians just sit around and collect a paycheck and you hate that! So you'll quit so that doesn't happen? It boggles the mind. Here's a video of Anderson Cooper trying to make sense of this.



I can't wait for what comes of this in the next couple of weeks. This never, EVER, gets old. I love you Sarah!

1 comment:

King Roomie Rock said...

This is AMAZING...Coop nails that woman to the WALL!

"I'm sorry I don't know who the hoop is I don't know the ball is...er I'm confused by the analogy but I'll let it go because I don't know anything about sports..."

Priceless.

Nice post!!!!!