Monday, December 7, 2009

Evolution of the Hipster / Sublime Update

A funny article from Paste Magazine concerning the evolution of the hipster. Click here to read... And click here for a more detailed view at the various stages of the cycle...

It's important for us to recognize if we're stuck in a stage, or properly evolving, or not even on the charts at all. I don't see any of those cats rocking earth-tone Dickies and a CMF t-shirt. Am I falling behind? Am I not hip? Dr. D needs to catch up with Roomie Rock and see where I may have fallen behind.

In other news, Dr. D's dipping back to the roots with this three-disc compilation from Sublime titled, "Everything Under the Sun." It features rare and unreleased, live, studio, and b-side tracks to bring you right into the Long Beach sunshine. This is my album of the month, throwing Julian Marley back into the archives.

Check it and enjoy!

3 comments:

King Roomie Rock said...

NICE!

In other news, a quick shout-out to all my University Of Michigan alums...please keep it in your rooms...

Anonymous said...

I am smelling some irony in this post and or unintentional comedy.

Dr. D doesn't take his ish to seriously...he makes turns, combs out his beard, and asks questions later. But homeboy talks about being stuck in a stage and then drops a Sublime Greatest Hits shout out. I am amused.

Big storm coming tomorrow (finally). 6-12 in the mountains.

Dr. D said...

It's totally intentional... I just want to make sure that listening to that new Sublime album while greasing my fixed gear cruiser bike is hip. Is it?

Great news on the storm hitting Maine! We're getting dumped on now; not as much here in Summit as down in the San Juans, but snow is snow...