Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rupa and the April Fishes

I moved to Portland about seven years ago. When I first arrived, my homeboy The Mad Scientist introduced me to the most lovely couple called Lars and Rupa. Lars hosted a photography show on the side of his house at Higgins Beach which still remains one of the coolest parties I have ever attended.

These two were responsible for introducing me to Canadian power pop and several killer World Music acts which I have long forgotten. Shortly after I met them they moved to San Francisco and I not seen them since the Mad Scientist got hitched.

Well It seems they are making a return to Portland. Rupa's band will be laying it down tonight at One Longfellow Square. Show time is 8:00pm. This group is no joke. They have dates in LA, NYC, Chicago, and the Montreal Jazz Festival. So Peep the video and catch these here Fishes if and when they come to your town.



Who wins at chess...Bobby Digital or that Horse Man? Peace.

No comments: