Thursday, May 1, 2008

Geeks Rejoice

There are factions of the APT family who limit their reading and viewing choices to materials containing wizards, dwarves, dragons, and oracles. No judgement kids, you know who you are though. And yeah, I may be lookin in the mirror on this one as well.

So what am I rambling about...Mexican director Guillermo del Toro has just signed up to direct the two Hobbit films set for release around 2011. This dude crushed it with The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth. For one, I am glad that Peter Jackson is taking on the production role, and hanging up his directorial spurs. Did you see King Kong? Gross!


(del Toro inviting a stylish Snipes to the Pizza Hut All-You-Can-Eat Buffet to discuss the role of the Dungeon Master in D & D)

PS Celtics 110 Hawks 85. PP line: 10-17 from the floor. 22 pts, 7 boards, 6 assists in 34 minutes. T-Mac my arse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

W2, I'm not sure who you're talking about on this one? Roomie? Dr. T? Mav? The book I'm currently reading talks nothing of dragons, or oracles, actually, yes, oracles in the first book. Wizards as well. Do gunslinger Wild West post-apocalyptic protagonists count? Ok, I think I know who you're talking about.

Great news on the films. I can't wait. I'll be camping outside, drinking mead (and maybe a butterbeer or two), roasting mutton over the fire, and first in line for that one. You in? I'll wear the Gandalf suit, you can carry Sting, Bilbo's sword!

Better brush up on my Elvish.

Anonymous said...

I am with you. I may try and pick up a goblin for kicks.

King Roomie Rock said...

4 great games on tonight...all of these could close out tonight OR could be pushed to a game 7. Which one will go to game 7? I think they all could!

T-Mac is averaging 24 pts this playoffs AGAINST this crew: Williams, Okur, Kirilenko and Boozer. I think its safe to say who is having the BETTER playoffs. Still not convinced. Bizarro Pierce (T-Mac) has won two games for the Rockets, one on the road. PP was nice and safe, tucked in at home in his own bed on Wednesday...he SHOULD be playing that way. The fact remaines that both of these two guys probably fight a fan Artest style if given the chance so none of this really matters.

(W2, you posted some Hobbit shit...I am not sure what to say here. Although between you and EM, I would certainly lose this arguement as well...)

FYI...

PP
2-time All-NBA Third Team: 2002, 2003
6-time NBA All-Star: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 1999
NBA regular-season leader, total points: 2002 (2144)
NBA regular-season leader, free throws made: 2003 (604)

TMac -
2-time NBA scoring leader: 2003 (32.1), 2004 (28.0)
7-time NBA All-Star: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
6-time All-NBA:
First Team: 2002, 2003
Second Team: 2001, 2004, 2007
Third Team: 2005
NBA Most Improved Player Award: 2001

Tough call! Same guy, though...

Anonymous said...

To quote my 7th grade homeboy JJ he says...

T Mac is the better pure scorer, but Pierce is a much better defender. So it really depends a lot on the talent around him.

My biggest thing is that when the chips were down in Orlando and they sucks T Mac whined his way out of town, Pierce is much more a team guy and a town guy, even if he is more prone to melt down.

Oh yeah, which one of these dudes has never been out of the 1st round of the playoffs?

T Mac