Thursday, January 3, 2008

Baron's Picks

NBA superstar and Cali street court legend, Baron Davis drops by livefromapt to give us his favorite films of 2007.



Hey players. Just wanted to give my love to W2, Roomie, and the rest of the APT Family. Roomie we do have beef though. Word is you left Norbit off your list. Come on! Don't sleep on Eddie. He just married Babyfaces ex. and she is it! Me and my boy Stephen Jac are gonna beat your ass like Dirk Nowitzki. Here are my joints...

American Gangster
Denzel nominated. Golden Globe baby. Love the soundtrack. Jay-Z is on top.

300
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Special effects changed movie making.

Eastern Promises
I was mesmerized by Viggo's performance.

Superbad
This was hilarious. A total movie-quote movie after the fact.

Talk to Me
Based on true story. Big Don Cheadle fan. Movie underrated.

Transformers
Lived up to the hype. A fave to watch with my teammates.

No Country for Old Men
The Coen Brothers delivered across the board. Great cast, great directing.

Smokin Aces
I went to the premiere (for Transformers too, actually). Alicia Keys is the bomb. Just a fun, fast-paced movie. Great cast.

Knocked Up
Everyone said to go see it. I was glad I did. Flat out funny and very real.

Norbit
Some critics bashed this flick. But I love Eddie Murphy ... in almost anything.

Bridge to Terabithia
I took my niece. Well produced. Good message about how friendship is important.

Reign Over Me
Again, underrated. Don and Adam -- great combo. I was moved and caught up in the story.

3:10 to Yuma
My man Crowe. Loved it.

I am out.

1 comment:

King Roomie Rock said...

Talk To Me looks like it's got a good soundtrack too...will check it, B.