Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nos Vamos Amigos!



I like food. Good, cheap, DEPENDABLE, food. I love beer specials. And I really like good bluegrass music with no cover. Who is with me? Many I suspect. So you will appreciate my dismay upon learning the following...

After 12 plus years Granny's Burritos up and closed. It happend much too quietly in December. I rolled by one afternoon to pick up the traditional mixed bean veggie quesadilla on a garlic tortilla with guac on the side and instead found this cryptic message: "Sorry the pros no longer outweigh the cons...like the phoenix that rises from the ashes..."

What? Ahhhhh! No goodbye? This is the worst thing that has happend to me since THEY only made one season of Freaks and Geeks.

I am depressed. Taco bar anybody? Oh yeah, Welcome Emily.

7 comments:

King Roomie Rock said...

Drag city...I just poured out a little coffee for those cats...

emily said...

oh, thanks.

totally with you on the Freaks and Geeks. any show with Jethro Tull on the soundtrack has got to be good. or really bad...

Anonymous said...

i agree. what happened?!!?

emily said...

oh my god...love the new headline photo. rv is looking smart!

El Manicero said...

Yeah I heard about Granny's a few weeks ago, I seem to remember though reading that they were either going to open up at another location or open up a different type of place at a different location.

Peace

El Manicero

www.paginthedeviltwice.blogspot.com

King Roomie Rock said...

Photo courtesy of MAV...don't forget to peep her site:
http://port2port.visualblogging.com/

Anonymous said...

Good to see Brooklyn's finest (this side of Jeru the Damaja) Alberto Morales aka el manicero aka the funky bilingual in the house. Check his site. Pagin the Devil Twice. He is the quintessential music geek.

Roomie that front page is electric.