Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life



Unfairly remembered for it's sentimentality, the dark side of "It's A Wonderful Life" is always what hit me upside the head and this video from the NY Times and this review bring it to you live.

I recently discovered that two of my best friends (W2 and Big Brother) have never seen this film in its entirety and I was not so much shocked as I was excited for them to uncover it and hopefully fall in love with the cast and stoy the way I did when I was in the 7th grade.

Fav secene? Come on...



Lady of the hour? Check this.

Also...Fields...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad we are talking movies today. I finally got around to seeing There Will Be Blood...and dispite kind of an uneven ending, the movie blew me away.

In addition I am super hyped for this cool Swedish Vampire Flick called Låt den rätte komma in or Let the Right One In. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

Due to my ongoing boycott of the NFL Sunday has become movie day and I plan to catch this one at the Movies on Exchange if anyone is interested.

In other flick news...Roomie do you know about the new Beyonce joint. She plays Etta James in a film about the history of Chess Records. I heard it is decent. Props to my mom for telling me about this one.

Wonderful Life is on the list as well.

Peace

Dr. D said...

Roomie,

Let's do a "It's a Wonderful Life" film night at APT? I've never seen it either!

Ward,

Why boycott the NFL? I mean, I do too. But I just have no TV, and no interest.

Later,
Dr. D

Anonymous said...

NFL is boring. The commercials remind me of a war movie. It is boring, The game takes 430 hours. I have spent too much time in my life watching it and it is boring.

Plus it is a hotbed of conservative thought and values. And it is boring. When placed beside soccer and basketball, which both include alot of ball movement,grace, and cutting, it is boring.

I am watching good movies again. Plus the NFL is boring.

emily said...

It's A Wonderful Life...one of my all-time favorites. I cry every time I see it (once a year+). It definitely does have a dark side.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you're still talking about Fields. ugh.